You’ll bring the energy. We’ll provide the channel.
Tesco Bank is here to offer a new approach to banking, building on the foundations of service and dedication that have made Tesco a truly great British brand – and a success worldwide. Bringing that success to the financial industry means bringing the finest talent to our senior and specialist roles, creating a backbone of excellence for our business – and offering professionals like you the chance to make a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
In the role of Head of Colleague Communications & Engagement you will lead the design, development and delivery of appropriate communication and engagement plans across the bank that reinforce our cultural ambitions and bring the vision of Tesco Bank to life for everyone.
In the role you are accountable for:
- Creating and delivering a colleague communication strategy and plan which is aligned to the Bank’s purpose and vision and underpins the culture and colleague experience we are striving to create.
- You lead the colleague communications team to deliver a best in class communications approach that they are proud to be part of.
- Understanding the colleague personas across the Bank and creating a communications and engagement approach that meets their needs.
- Also organising and delivering colleague and leadership events which support our communications strategy.
- Bringing the outside in to drive creativity, try new approaches and continually improve the effectiveness of our colleague communication channels.
- Utilising technology to provide communication channels that are engaging, easy to access and meet the needs of different colleague groups.
- Continually facilitating a two way dialogue with colleagues so that we hear their views and feedback and can shape our communications, including delivering our cyclical Colleague Listening mechanisms as well as less formal interventions.
- Engaging our leadership population in our communications approach to understand their needs and views and to ensure they are informed, equipped and able to lead with confidence.
- Providing counsel as required to the Executive team on our communications approach and any specific challenges faced.
- Working closely and managing relationships with, Tesco Group to make sure we are aligned in key messages and can leverage their support when required.
- Also working closely with External Communications as required.
- You will work as part of the Crisis Management team, as required, providing thought leadership in terms of the approach and delivering effective and timely colleague communications that give as much clarity for colleagues as possible.
- As a member of the Colleague Experience Leadership Team, ensure the function is delivering against all business requirements through helping to shape, support, & challenge function wide priorities.
- Also managing, mitigating and escalating risks as appropriate.
Experience required for the role:
- Practical experience of developing and delivering a communications strategy.
- Event management.
- Measurement of communication effectiveness.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of communication and engagement methods.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco Bank where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco Bank, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to help our shoppers manage their money a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities.
We also know the importance of balancing work with life's other commitments. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need, and we'll explore what's possible.
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success.