You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
A strong technical manager required to lead a team that turn data into descriptive, predictive and prescriptive insight through the creation of data, models and toolkits. Using a variety of data science techniques, an expert in data, optimisation and visualisation with a focus on operational efficiency.
In this job, I am accountable for:
- Nurture and grow the careers of the engineers reporting into you by finding opportunities for growth, coaching, addressing concerns, and if necessary, implementing performance management.
- Continuously improve our engineering practices across data science products (data, models and software) to operate at pace and at scale, using and promoting MLOps practices to deliver quality production software.
- Work closely with Product Management and RIsk Management to identify and minimise risk within an outcome and help prioritise and evolve a workable technical solution ready for delivery.
- Contribute to group discussions on system design and architecture.
- Contribute to our platform strategy.
- Build globally, ensuring consistency, scalability and connectivity in approach across all our solutions.
- Inspire the engineering teams to produce quality solutions.
- Grow the capability of Tesco Bank Technology as a whole by becoming involved in our engineering hiring and being passionate about building successful and diverse teams.
- Contribute to building a team culture for continuous improvement and an environment where engineers want to work.
- Continually look for how we can evolve and improve our technology, processes and practices, working closely with our Data Architects and Engineers.
- Keep your technical skills up to date and monitoring new technologies, processes, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
Experience relevant for this job:
- Strong experience of managing a pool of Analysts/Data Scientists to tackle business problems.
- Substantial background in maths/stats, computer science or operational research.
- Seasoned exposure to retail banking or pricing problems preferable.
- Experience with software development.
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.