Helping Tesco shoppers manage their money.
We began life in 1997 and now help more than 5 million customers with everything from insuring their pets, to saving for that something special. We want to deliver a helpful service in everything we do and to make life easier for our customers, all of our products and services are available online, on your mobile or over the phone.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer – Node/ React to join our innovative and growing software engineering team in Edinburgh.
The role responsibilities also include:
- Design, build, test, support and deliver web, API/service, mobile and cloud products, including environment build and integration through automated build pipelines that deliver business value to our customers.
- Designing, building, testing and delivering customer products or services that follow standard engineering patterns, agreed designs & best practices.
- Instrumenting, protecting, supporting & monitoring customer products and services Tesco Bank offers.
- Performing all change to the customer service you work on including patching, certificate updates, upgrades, project feature work incident analysis/resolutions and service enhancement.
- Ensuring you have the correct skill sets to increase my throughput and give your team more autonomy & purpose
- Automating build pipelines, test execution & instrumentation of customer products/services to iteratively deploy code through test, pre-production and production in small delivery cycles.
- Writing application code, infrastructure code, test automation that follow standard engineering patterns & practices.
- Contributing, participating and supporting a wider community of engineers as part of your personal development to keep abreast of advancing technology shifts.
Specific skills & experience required:
- Development of RESTful web services
- A strong grasp of OO design, patterns and principles
- Experience with test-driven development, and solid background in multiple developer test idioms
- Experience with Specification By Example / behaviour-driven development, and a highly collaborative approach
- A commitment to code craftsmanship - clean, low-complexity, self-describing code
- Strong understanding of ES2015 (aka ES6)
- Component development using libraries
- Experience of cross-functional, self-managed teams
- Experience in the following tooling: -
- React (with Flux/Redux)
- Mocha/Chai/Enzyme or similar
- Experience of DevOps automation and IaaS - ideally using Amazon EC2
- Containerisation (i.e., Docker)
- Specification by Example using Cucumber or similar
Our colleagues are the heart of our business. We love the unique characteristics, experiences, and background that every single colleague brings to work. And we’re fully committed to building an inclusive work environment that reflects the brilliantly varied communities and customers we serve. As an employer, we want to build an environment where "Everyone is welcome".