You’ll bring the focus. We’ll provide the detail.
Tesco Bank is here to offer a new approach to banking, building on the foundations of service and dedication that have made Tesco a truly great British brand and a worldwide success. Bringing that level of success to a new industry and new area of operations demands expertise at the highest level – and offers the chance for dedicated Risk professionals to make a long-lasting impact within a business that’s breathing new life into personal finance and retail banking.
Responsible for undertaking varied analysis across credit risk portfolios to help colleagues and stakeholders understand how those portfolios perform and how we might grow our business safely within risk appetite.
In this job, I am accountable for:
- Producing high quality, accurate and insightful management information and analysis that helps me and my colleagues understand and explain significant trends or variances from expectations within the credit risk portfolios
- Undertaking detailed analysis of credit portfolio performance data to help with developing strategies and policy rules that improve our new business acquisition strategies and processes and customer management outcomes
- Collaborating positively and constructively with a broad group of stakeholders to bring credit risk expertise and insight to bear on a range of initiatives and business issues that are deemed consistent with our business objectives
- Providing support to team managers, as directed, on a range of credit risk management activities
- Agreeing prioritisation of workstack items with my line manager in accordance with team objectives
- Planning and organising my workload to ensure that tasks are completed within agreed timescales taking account of any dependencies on others. Where agreed timescales cannot be met I will inform my line manager in good time to allow management of impacts
- Agreeing a personal development plan with my line manager and completing the activities agreed to allow me to improve my skills and capability
- Ensuring compliance with business risk controls procedures that apply to me
Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 2 years experience within a credit risk or similar financial services function
- Experience with SAS or other statistical package.
- Knowledge of Consumer Banking and the Financial Industry
A role with us will have its challenges, demanding a variety of skills and a strong personality – but will offer the rewards to match. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers, and we’ll be here for you too – ensuring you can build on your abilities and forge a career of achievement. For us, it’s simple. With the expertise you bring, you’ll play a huge part in our success stories. Visit our website to find out more and apply.