You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
The Compliance and Conduct Risk Senior Manager supports the Heads of Compliance and Conduct Risk and Data Protection Officer to execute against the Bank’s Data Privacy, Conduct, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs strategy.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Ensuring key conduct, compliance and reputational risks are understood, mitigated and escalated where necessary.
- Reviewing and interpreting regulatory requirements and supporting compliant and customer-focused solutions across all change projects, products and processes within the Bank. This includes Lending, Insurance, Payments and Money Services, Supplier Management, Operations, Digital, Data Privacy and Change.
- Providing up-to-date, high quality, commercially aware advice on data privacy, regulatory and conduct matters to support colleagues with their day-to-day queries and activities.
- Supporting the provision of Bank-wide regulatory training.
- Participating in industry bodies and supplier compliance groups as appropriate.
- Managing reporting to the Compliance Director and in turn Tesco Bank’s Executive Committees and Board through clear and meaningful Conduct and Compliance MI.
- Co-ordinating, reviewing and inputting to regulatory requests across the Bank, submitting and discussing these with regulators.
- Providing upstream risk/horizon scanning and supporting business impact assessment of these changes.
- Line management and leadership of colleagues, as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven experience in data privacy, compliance, conduct and/or customer risk, operating at a senior level.
- Expert knowledge of key relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Good knowledge of the practical and technical aspects of retail banking products and/or the broader financial services sector.
- An ability to interpret complex regulations and deliver clear, pragmatic advice to a range of audiences, including senior stakeholders.
- A proactive approach and strong delivery focus, able to balance competing priorities.
- Data privacy experience and knowledge.
- Payments and/or payments services regulation experience and knowledge.
- Line management and team leadership experience.
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.