You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
Enable and facilitate the delivery and the daily running of EDS data operations activities. Manage, monitor and maintain day-to-day data ops delivery processes in order to achieve service levels and performance. Implement standardisation of processes as well as solutions to optimise daily production schedules, through increased automation and continuous improvement initiatives.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Adherence and running against production schedule
- Responsible for execution of day-to-day service delivery functions including the following:
- Incident Management: Performs incident triage, root cause analysis, and collect and validate business impact.
- Service Management: Collaborates with EDS Info Delivery and Data Engineering and manages service performance and drives delivery improvement plans.
- Capacity Management: Review capacity across Data Ops delivery schedules and components.
- Continuity Management: Schedule, facilitate and maintain recovery plans.
- Service Risks: Ability to identify, document and manage delivery risks within the relevant tool set (SAS, Pentaho, Oracle) and effectively manage the resolutions of risks.
- Conduct regular analysis of existing processes and applications make recommendations for improvement to enhance productivity, security, and/or performance.
- Responsible for running and delivery of all BAU Data Operations outputs
- Maintain SLA, OLA and Performance Reporting libraries.
- Keep colleagues informed of any changes to SLA or OLA processes and target measures.
- Ensure all SLA and OLA changes are managed in accordance with process.
- Perform proactive SLA Reviews.
- Identify and remediate service or reporting risks.
What You’ll Bring:
- Problem solving : reporting queries & analysis
- Escalation - knowing how and where to escalate issues
- Basic Data technologies - SQL, SAS, Oracle
- Solid Data Experience - monitoring jobs/escalation/improvement
- Exposure to advanced query development and design using SQL / SAS
- Exposure in reporting production environment
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.