Helping Tesco shoppers manage their money.
We began life in 1997 and now help more than 5 million customers with everything from insuring their pets, to saving for that something special. We want to deliver a helpful service in everything we do and to make life easier for our customers, all of our products and services are available online, on your mobile or over the phone.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer – API to join our innovative and growing Software engineering team in Edinburgh.
The role responsibilities also include:
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced developers, sharing knowledge through constructive code reviews and pair programming
- Evolve the design of the solution as the requirements and technical landscape changes
- Adapt development approach as projects evolve, continuously improving processes and practices
- Actively look for emerging technologies and development approaches that can help our software development effort
- Build a technical specialism in one or more development platforms, while at the same time keeping a broad view of our technologies and languages
Specific skills & experience required:
- Modern Java server containers - Tomcat, JBoss - or frameworks for containerless deployment
- Major Java frameworks - Spring Framework especially
- Experience of MVC web frameworks, JSP and other template languages
- Development of RESTful JSON web services
- A strong grasp of OO design, patterns and principles
- Experience with test-driven development, and solid background in multiple developer test idioms
- Experience with behaviour-driven development, and a highly collaborative approach
- A commitment to code craftsmanship - clean, low-complexity, self-describing code
- Experience of Jenkins
- Experience of AWS
- Knowledge of security standards including SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect
- Experience of DevOps automation and IaaS - ideally using Amazon EC2
- Experience of Cucumber
- Continuous Integration and Git
- Knowledge of Google Apigee (Edge)
- Knowledge of ES6
- Experience of Oracle including SQL and PL/SPL development
We are looking for a person who has substantial experience of working in and with self-starting teams. A successful candidate in our experience is likely to have had hands on experience of developing software in an Agile environment.
Our colleagues are the heart of our business. We love the unique characteristics, experiences, and background that every single colleague brings to work. And we’re fully committed to building an inclusive work environment that reflects the brilliantly varied communities and customers we serve. As an employer, we want to build an environment where "Everyone is welcome".