You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
Responsible for managing the IFRS 9 Credit Risk provisioning methodology for Tesco Bank, you will be key in understanding and improving the efficiency of the bad debt provision calculation and communicating to senior stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Coach & Support junior members of the team & deputise for the credit risk provision lead where necessary.
- Provide support in providing the necessary analysis to help the oversight in the use of the provisioning methodology and outputs on strategic decision making processes (i.e. ICAAP, Profit Volatility, Risk Appetite, NPV etc)
- Support the development of the forecasting oversight framework by providing challenge where necessary.
- Effectively implement the desired controls to mitigate our risks in our daily work including but not limited to peer reviews, email chains, clearly documenting what was done.
- Lead & support where necessary the production of papers for the provisions forum & attend for support in presenting.
- Explaining and providing commentary of the provisioning movements and bad debt charge for the month & YTD.
- Reviewing & updating when necessary, the summarised provisioning methodology document and the individual detailed design documents for each component.
- Support the input of requirements & oversight on any developments or updates to the PD, EAD, LGD & macro models.
- Support in answering detailed questions from our external auditor on our provisioning methodology.
- Lead the development and management of the provisioning methodology assumptions monitoring pacts to understand the accuracy and limitations of our provisioning.
- Support the annual compliance attestation of the provisioning methodology to the IFRS 9 and all its components.
- Lead the development of the provisioning methodology components we are responsible for (staging, lifetime, default framework etc) as well as establishing the financial impacts in line with the assumptions review schedule.
- Quantify the impacts and provide support to understand changes in the macroeconomic scenarios using the 'what if' tool as wells as analysis to assist with any other impacts from changes to the forecast.
- Provide requirements and shape the MI depending on the needs of the business.
What You’ll Bring:
- Leading people - coaching and developing others to deliver great service
- Technical knowledge of Credit Risk Modeling (PD, EAD, LGD)
- IFRS9 knowledge
- Understanding of the management of unsecured credit products
- Expert in SAS
- Report Writing for relevant Committee's
- Analytical Skills
- Interpretation of large data sets
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.