Serving our customers, communities, and planet a little better every day
Senior Test Engineer, Permanent
Edinburgh or Newcastle, Flexible/Remote working available
Excellent Salary & Benefits
The Tesco name comes with a dedication to customer service excellence, but Tesco Bank offers something more: a fresh approach to finance. While it’s an innovation, ours is a business built on the next development, the evolution to come. For forward-thinking, technical professionals, that means making a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in an organisation that’s changing the face of banking for our customers
We're on a mission to make our customers happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances.
- Follow Tesco Bank testing processes and techniques while carrying the following tasks:
- Analyse User Stories & Requirements
- Develop Test Plans and Scenarios and Cases
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks
- Work closely with Analysts and Engineers on the developed solutions, providing feedback on the soundness of proposed solutions, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Using experience, domain knowledge and risk-based approach, split testing effort effectively into the functional automated tests, structured exploratory testing sessions and non-functional testing (UI, accessibility, performance, and security).
- Development of bespoke test automation solutions for front-end and web services, integrated in CI/CD pipeline, managed in code repository.
- Continuously assess and refactor test scenarios.
- Estimate test effort for planned work, feedback any required metrics to Test Manager.
- Create and maintain necessary online documentation.
- Provide feedback/input on the techniques, solutions and tools used in Tesco Bank.
- Take active part in Test Community of Practice and Communities of Interest for the benefit of wider Tesco Bank engineering community.
What you’ll bring
- We work with the following tech stack, we don’t expect you to tick every box, and if you feel you hit most of the brief, it’s worth exploring to further develop your career here with us at Tesco Bank.
- Considerable testing and/or development experience.
- Expert knowledge in:
- Structured test methods and processes
- Common software designs and high-risk areas
- Risk based approach to testing
- Experience working in collaborative agile development environments, preferably using BDD.
- Good working knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language.
- Experienced in building and maintaining test automation using code repository and CI/CD.
- Understanding of non-functional aspects of testing – such as UI, Accessibility, Security and Performance.
Nice to have:
Java, SQL, SOAP/Rest, Cucumber-JVM, IntelliJ, Jenkins, JIRA, AWS, Linux, JMeter.
How to apply
We value our people and diverse team and believe the variety of backgrounds and experiences make us stronger to achieve our goals. We encourage colleagues to be productive, focus on meaningful work, and look for ways to further develop themselves & career, and have an excellent work/life balance
Our colleagues are working remotely. Looking to the future, we are excited to understand our ‘new normal' and are committed to exploring the opportunities that a hybrid working environment could bring for our wider team. If you’re interested in finding out more about what a career at Tesco Bank looks like, click apply to find out more!