You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
Provide high quality market and customer analysis, to enable the team to develop strategies that deliver what matters most to customers.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Devising and managing a customer and market insight plan that will both enhance our understanding of the customer and profitability drivers, as well as shape and support: new and existing product development; the loyalty strategy; the analytical development agenda; development of the customer journey; and pricing strategy;
- Analysis on the savings market, competitors and customer behaviours to deliver against the above;
- Providing MI to support commercial business operations (e.g. daily trade / competitor report, conduct MI etc.);
- Knowing how to turn a business question into meaningful analysis and be able to identify trends and patterns and translate these into real commercial opportunities;
- Using various sources of data (internal and external) and analytical tools (e.g. Microstrategy, SAS);
- Supporting the creation of business cases for product developments and trade / pricing initiatives;
- Collaborating with internal and external suppliers to deliver continual improvements to enhance the data, analytics and market insight available; ensuring an effective operating model is in place to achieve this;
- Being able to identify analytical gaps and know how to address these;
- Possessing, and keeping up to date, a strong understanding of: the savings market, customer behaviours and drivers of liquidity, P&L and operational capacity;
- Provide cover for the Pricing & Liquidity Manager, as required; - Acting as supplier manager for CACI.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience in analytical roles, within a commercial, finance and / or marketing environment.
- Understanding and application of behavioural economics (desired).
- Ability to deliver a high degree of accuracy in a fast moving environment
- Effective organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent Excel, SAS and Microstrategy skills
- Ability to develop and deliver innovative reporting solutions Good written and oral communication skills
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.