You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
The Senior Payments Manager - Cards & Authorisations Strategy would lead the strategic roadmap for cards and the authorisations customer experience, including customer messaging / alerts. They’d be accountable for future proofing Tesco Bank’s strategy for cards (issuance and acceptance) and maintaining authorisations strategies and settings that improve customer experience within risk appetite. This role is pivotal for maintaining relevance and wallet preference in a fast evolving market and risk environment. You’ll become Bank’s authorisations SME, starting with extensive engagement with partners to develop a detailed understanding of parameters and systems. You will lead the step change in Bank’s capability to effectively assess, approve, implement, test and optimise authorisation settings.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Establish and lead a regular process and engagement framework to evaluate and optimise parameters (authorisations, STIP, clearing and chip settings), balancing customer experience against risk appetite, and reacting to emerging threats and opportunities.
- Define detailed MI and reporting requirements, underpinning authorisations management process, performance reporting and benchmarking.
- Lead engagements with schemes and partners to understand standard methodology and benchmark both our cards strategy and authorisations performance against peers.
- On completion of the SCA managed rollout, lead monitoring, reporting and BAU optimisation, including programme of merchant outreach.
- Ensure that STIP parameters are maintained in line with the authorisations strategy, industry standard methodology, and provide consistency with core authorisation settings where appropriate.
- Establish ways of working with CIO and partners to execute and test authorisation parameters efficiently.
- Lead authorisations, clearing and chip incident and event investigation and remediation
- Define Tesco Bank’s cards strategy, including participation frameworks (issuer and acceptance) for card-based payments (e.g., tokenisation, virtual cards, provisioning, wallets).
- Regular horizon scanning of cards landscape, understanding the future for cards, navigating choices for Tesco Bank and determining ‘trigger points’ for participation.
- Own and handle risks, controls and events related to Authorisations, Chip & STIP settings, in accordance with Risk Management Framework.
- Assessment of, and compliance to, authorisation-related scheme mandates.
- KPIs: Bank payment success rate (issuer and merchant); Authentication abandonment rate; Post decline preference / attrition.
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong understanding of payments, experience in a similar role (most likely working for a major issuer just now)
- Well-networked, with relationships with schemes, acquirers, issuers and technology vendors
- Sophisticated Excel and data analytics (SAS SQL an advantage)
- Sophisticated knowledge of managing of authorisation, clearing processing, chip settings, transaction validation (i.e. cryptogram validation)
- Knowledge of fraud threats and industry developments in transaction processing.
- Data-led and analytical with capability to review and interrogate large sets of authorisation data.
- Able to collaborate and drive consensus with a group of diverse partners.
- Proactive, with an ability to objectively identify areas for prioritised focus
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.
This vacancy closes midnight on 29th April 2021.