You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
To support the Controls Testing Manager and business performance by leading the risk agenda, ensuring effective engagement across the three lines of defence to deliver an embedded Risk Management Framework. To perform independent assurance activities to assess appropriateness of design and test effectiveness of operation for Key Controls associated to risks inherently scored 16+. Further, performance of ad hoc consulting activities (including design, articulation and calibration of targeted risks and controls) to opine and conclude upon individual and overall control assessments plus recommendations to treat any gaps or weaknesses identified in the control environment, and/or opportunities to improve efficiency of operations.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Perform assurance activities over Key Controls associated to risks inherently scored 16+, per plan and methodology, to deliver quality, consistent and timely outcomes.
- Provide guidance and advice to support management to identify potential risk and/or control gaps and to treat through design and implementation of appropriate controls.
- Provide expert knowledge and guidance to stakeholders to ensure that risk framework standards are maintained.
- Work pro-actively with stakeholders to deliver successful management of the risks and controls per risk framework and risk appetite.
- Support management in delivering and embedding good risk culture.
- Advise and support management on use and application of risk management tools.
- Remain abreast of latest regulatory and legislative developments in order to ensure that management acts within the necessary requirements for managing risk
- Support training and competence for colleagues within the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Customer Officer (CCO) Risk Teams.
- Support Risk Managers to ensure that any risk events, breaches or policy non-compliance are identified, recorded and reported per Operational Risk Framework.
- Follow the Tesco Bank Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience and understanding of risks and controls.
- Experience and understanding of policies, including Operational, Regulatory and Credit, and supporting processes and procedures.
- Understanding of the regulatory, legal and compliance frameworks impacting the financial services industry.
- Understanding of the control environment and risk appetite of the business.
- Experience of reviewing processes, procedures and controls including evidence of compliance.
- Experience of performing assurance activities including controls testing.
- Technical knowledge of retail banking & general insurance.
- Embedding first line of defence (1LOD) responsibilities, culture and frameworks, and related risk processes.
- Experience of the financial services industry.
- Experience of working in one of the three lines of defence within a financial services organisation.
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.