You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
We are delighted to bring to market an exciting new Payments Manager position within our Group Payments & Money Services area of the business. The role holder will manage, develop and support delivery of change for all payment channels, ensuring that we improve services for customers and that compliance is met for relevant regulatory or Scheme obligations. The successful candidate will also provide 24/7 payments SME support for incidents, working with colleagues across the Bank to support resolution, supplier engagement and root cause analysis to ensure lessons learnt.
Please note that the Payments Manager will be required to be “on-call” out of hours, on a rota basis. This is to ensure that the Payments team can provide 24/7/365 SME support on any payment related incident resolution calls working with other colleagues across the business.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Planning and initiating Change, collaborating with CIO to define change requirements and seeking funding in line with the Bank’s governance process.
- Providing subject matter expertise to support the delivery of card and non-card related payment services to our customers regardless of channel.
- Supporting the delivery of Small to Large Change Initiatives and Projects, initiated by Suppliers, Scheme, Regulators, Bank Strategy, Tesco Group or BAU obligations.
- Provide SME support throughout Change delivery process and attend NWTs as required.
- Input and sign off on business requirements (BRD’s), testing artefacts and other Change documentation, seeking to mitigate risk and resolve issues where appropriate.
- Business testing & checkout support during Change delivery process.
- SME support on Bank wide Change projects as required and for payment change on shared customer journeys (e.g. General Insurance, mobile and online banking channels).
- Ensure delivered change meets Regulatory or Scheme requirements and support the Bank’s How Do We Comply process and embedding of any project risks to BAU.
- Working flexibly across products, providing 24/7 SME support for incidents on an "on-call" rota basis.
- Event support in collaboration with Payments Partnership team.
- Resilience and process improvement for E2E Payment customer journeys.
- Ongoing assurance testing and monitoring of key services and controls.
- Supporting the development and delivery of the payments change and capability roadmap.
- Support compliance with attendance at external industry meeting and internal compliance forums review & action of assigned bulletins and mandated change.
- Provide SME support and contribution to Scheme attestations, Industry consultations and discussion forums.
- Provide SME support to Partnership team to ensure service resilience, process improvement & optimise portfolio development with relevant third parties.
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous payments and/or banking experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of payment cards, authorisations and merchant acceptance.
- Evidence of review / interpretation of third party rules and regulations.
- Track record of business / IT change and developing business requirements.
- Debit/other card experience in a payments or product management role.
- Knowledge of card scheme rules advantageous.
- Experience in risk management and governance processes.
- Experience of indirectly leading others.
- Risk, conduct and compliance knowledge
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.