You’ll bring the talent. We’ll provide the stage.
The Tesco name comes with a tradition of customer service excellence, but Tesco Bank offers something more: a great British brand with a brand new approach to finance. Now, as our commercial team grows, we’re creating the backbone of excellence our business needs to succeed – giving talented professionals the opportunity to make a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in an organisation that’s changing the face of banking.
I own the Store Banking Ops and Compliance MI suite to ensure that in-store transactions and associated risks are measured and reported to the business. I support the delivery of an effective Stores Operating model by identifying trends and issues, driving simplification and efficiency within our team and supporting non-compliance resolution through production of relevant MI. I use my data expertise to support project activity, my wider team, and GPMS to drive business contribution. I own the process inventory and co-ordinate annual review of processes within Store Banking & IMT
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Using my data expertise to support the delivery of the Stores Banking operating model across the Tesco stores estate, acting as a key point of contact for MI and insight relating to Stores Banking.
- Taking ownership of the stores compliance MI suite to help maintain store compliance within business risk appetites:
- Processing raw data from around the business to produce compliance results reports, including identification of key trends and concerns.
- Providing insight, commentary and suggestions for action to improve Store Banking Operations, based on MI produced.
- Completing deeper analysis on stores activity and results; providing data to support improvement and action planning.
- Identifying potential risks for the business and escalating these appropriately.
- Identifying opportunities for, and implementing, continuous improvement within reporting mechanisms to drive efficiency, capacity and productivity in central operations.
- Working with teams around the business to provide and enable Stores Banking insight, and support activities:
- Supporting our operations team to enable effective action through relevant and accurate data.
- Obtaining knowledge of wider Bank areas to understand where our insight benefits the business and building worthwhile relationships to support this.
- Helping to deliver in-store Banking activities with supporting MI to help track activity, trends, progress and business contribution. Demonstrating an individual contribution to the Bank business through the delivery of project work:
- Involvement in activities to support continuous improvement or new activity.
- Developing relationships with central Bank teams to support engagement and growth, through data expertise and analysis.
- Leading an annual review of Store Banking & IMT processes and maintaining accurate inventory
- Lead collation and reporting of MI for Money & more (Project Gemini)
What You’ll Bring:
- Retail and/or Banking experience
- Data handling and Excel experience
- Knowledge of Tesco store operations (an advantage)
- Familiarity with finance and budgets
- Risk management
- Project and planning skills
A role with us will pose a wide range of exciting challenges – and will demand a wide range of abilities. But for professionals with commercial acumen and real drive, we’ll also offer a wide range of rewards. Above all else, we’ll give you the chance to grow your skills and build a career that moves from one success to the next. It’s simple. As long as you have the talent, we’ll help you shine. Visit our website to find out more and apply.