Helping Tesco shoppers manage their money.
We began life in 1997 and now help more than 5 million customers with everything from insuring their pets, to saving for that something special. We want to deliver a helpful service in everything we do and to make life easier for our customers, all of our products and services are available online, on your mobile or over the phone.
Due to our current growth plans we are currently looking for Senior Software Engineers - iOS to join Tesco Bank’s Mobile team. These positions could be remote or aligned to our offices in Edinburgh, Newcastle or London with ad hoc travel in the future.
The role responsibilities also include:
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced developers, sharing knowledge through constructive code reviews
- Evolve the design of the solution as the requirements and technical landscape changes
- Adapt development approach as projects evolve, continuously improving processes and practices
- Actively look for emerging technologies and development approaches that can help our software development effort
- Build a technical specialism in one or more development platforms, while at the same time keeping a broad view of our technologies and languages
- Development of new applications
- Support of live applications - troubleshooting, defect triage, problem diagnosis, root cause analysis
- Refactoring of existing applications
Specific skills & experience required
The candidate must have a good understanding and solid experience of enterprise development, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting, with experience of enterprise platforms:
- 3 years iOS development experience
- In-depth knowledge of iOS
- In-depth knowledge of objective C and Swift programming languages
- Explicit knowledge of mobile device architectures and mobile development platform
- Experience of integration with third-party libraries
- Experience of working with encryption software
- Experience of working with CI
- Experience of using a DVCS such as GIT
- Strong experience in mobile application software development
- Experience floating apps on the app store
- Shell scripting
- Skilled in iOS application performance analysis and tuning
- Strong understanding of XCTest
- Proven software architecture and API design skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in Build/Continuous Integration Tools e.g., Jenkins
- Experience in interfacing with Restful Web Services
- Experience using Jira and working from abstract
We are looking for a person who has substantial experience of working in and with self-starting teams. A successful candidate in our experience is likely to have had hands on experience of developing software in an Agile environment.
Our colleagues are the heart of our business. We love the unique characteristics, experiences and background that every single colleague brings to work. And we’re fully committed to building an inclusive work environment that reflects the brilliantly varied communities and customers we serve. As an employer, we want to build an environment where "Everyone is welcome".