Help us shape the future of banking and insurance for Tesco Customers
At Tesco Bank, we recognise the positive impact that design can have for our customers and are increasingly using it to solve a range of business challenges
Our propositions and services reach deep into our customers’ lives, their homes and families and to make meaningful change, we believe that you must be inspired by a deep understanding of the people you serve; putting them at the centre of the design process and shaping the intent for change around their needs.
We’re a thriving Design Practice, made up of designers from diverse backgrounds and experiences all driven by a passion for the impact Design can have. In a short space of time, our Design Practice has created real business impact and is being recognised by industry peers across the world. We want to continue building on this and have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Service Designer.
Service Designers at Tesco Bank:
- Service Designers at Tesco Bank work with other colleagues to deliver cross-channel services. They are involved in creating Service Design deliverables using a human-centred design process.
- They design the customer’s experience of our services and how the Bank delivers that service. They approach things systemically; and show an aptitude for understanding the bigger picture but can demonstrate excellent attention to detail. They generate interesting and relevant ideas that create concepts that align with strategic frameworks or value propositions.
- They create compelling and persuasive behavioural models, service concepts, service blueprints, specifications and other documentation. Their deliverables are both qualitatively and quantitatively derived from user research.
- Our Service Designers show an aptitude for design research and ask insightful questions in design research sessions to uncover peoples’ latent needs.
- They produce detailed documentation of existing services, such as service blueprints. They identify pain points for customers and our colleagues, and opportunities for improvement. They can use service blueprints and service specifications to design and define future services.
- Our Service Designers involve customers and colleagues throughout the design process and collect evidence to support their needs.
- They work iteratively to translate Service Design deliverables like service blueprints into changed business practises by front-line staff and management for real impact.
Key skills and experience:
- Practical application of human-centred design in a commercial context; and an understanding of the full suite of Service Design deliverables.
- Some awareness of front-line operations, management structures and operating models.
- Analysing and drawing relevant observations from data, design research, existing best practice and optimisation to inform design solutions.
- Working with a range of stakeholders to communicate and validate design solutions.
- Planning personal capacity and managing workload to avoid project conflicts.
- Degree in relevant field such as Service Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interactions and Behavioural Psychology.
- Experience in a Service Design role with strong emphasis on designing cross-channel services that are engaging, while addressing customer and business needs.
You’ll get back from us:
- All the support you need to be at your best and develop
- Challenging projects that you’ll be proud of for the rest of your career
- Flexibility about where you work, with the option to use Design Studios in Edinburgh and Glasgow
Interested? We’re ready and excited to meet you.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco Bank where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco Bank, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to help our shoppers manage their money a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities.
We also know the importance of balancing work with life's other commitments. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need, and we'll explore what's possible.
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success.